I could definitely sit ever going through every day of LeakyCon and tell you how fantastic it was and all of the madness and the tears and the laughter. But that would be a bit overkill and I don't think my emotions could take it. So I'm going to do what I do best and make a list. These were my favorite and most memorable moments at LeakyCon. Sorry if this is chaos. But hey, so was LeakyCon.
- Getting picked up by a group of friends at the airport and going straight to Downtown Disney.
- Sitting around with said group of friends critiquing the Harry Potter films.
- Walking into the Royal Pacific for the first time.
- Harry Potter and the Conflict Resolution Line.
- Meeting Abby.
- Seeing Scarlett Byrne, who plays Pansy Parkinson, about twenty times before realizing that she was an actor and not a mutual friend whose name had escaped me.
- Opening festivities. Seeing so many people I know and love on stage or on the screen. Paul DeGeorge snubbing one of the young HP actors for a handshake.
- Open at the Close. The build-up to walking in the park and just that moment where I felt like I'd fallen into the films. (Yeah, I didn't feel like I was in my beloved book-world, but more like the world the films had created. But it was still wonderful.)
- Meeting up with Hank, Katherine and their friend from college and going through the whole park together. (Some hi-lights being Hank NOT throwing up on me on Dragon Challenge, Katherine yelling "Son of a bitch!" as soon as the dragon opened its mouth on Forbidden Journey and seeing Lauren get chosen in Ollivanders.)
- Standing in line for about an hour to get free Butterbeer behind Starkid and with Hank. I'm thinking that the line would have moved quicker were I surrounded by any other group of people.
- The taste of the frozen Butterbeer foam and John making me take his non-frozen one because he said it was disgusting…which is sort of was.
- Sitting at a table in the Three Broomsticks with old friends and new friends.
- The panel with all of the young Potter kids.
- Finding Hogwarts. Seeing the culmination of the last few years of my friends hard work and getting to hug Bre, John, Rita, Frankie and everyone afterwards.
- Walking past a Potter Puppet Pals signing and have a line literally form in front of my eyes to take pictures with me or sign autographs. Insane.
- Live LeakyMug.
- The film. Oh god. Seeing the film with nearly every person who has been a part of making my Potter journey so beautiful. Being in the same cinema as so many others who feel the same. Having Evanna, Scarlett, Starkid, the whole Leaky staff and everyone else in there. Having the young cast of the film two rows ahead of me while I watched them on stage and being told later in the evening that it was the best screening they went to because we were so genuine and expressive.
- Starting to cry the second Harry steps out into the Room of Requirement.
- The sounds of choked sobs, suppressed gasps, laughter and cheers.
- Talking animatedly about the film with Katherine, John and Hank as we walked back to the hotel. There was a lot of screaming.
- Night one of wizard rock.
- Spending the evening between meriting and the "VIP" section right behind the table.
- Playing limbo using Evanna's scarf with her, Starkid and tons of others.
- Eventually becoming friends with Scarlett and making plans to hang out when I move to London.
- This picture. Because Tom and I are being adorable and AJ is just passed out on the table and it makes me laugh a lot.
- The final Remus Lupins show. :(
- Bababa's with Eia and Andrew Slack.
- Passing out with about 20 people in the room and waking up to hilarious conversation with Hayley, Kristina and Eia at about 5am.
- Live Pottercast. #LeakyCountry
- POTTERMORE. Oh my god, it's going to be so brilliant, guys. I cannot wait to sell my soul to it.
- The final Parselmouths show and going on stage to do weird things like tape streamers and throw party blowers. :D
- The best Whomping Willows show EVER.
- Evanna being all over the stage for Draco and the Malfoys and then playing bass for Harry and the Potters. So epic.
- Dancing on chairs behind the merch table with Abby.
- "That's why I watch porn, for the romance."
- Hayley signing Adam's "boob."
- Coming down early for the Luna, Percy and the Kids keynote and seeing people actually SOB after taking awkward group photos with Starkid.
- HP trivia contest between the actors.
- All of them talking about how cool it was to be in the cinema with such devoted, loving fans and knowing I was a part of that experience.
- Friends and family of Esther Earl meet-up. Meeting such a beautiful, kind group of people who are doing an amazing job at keeping Esther's spirit alive.
- Rosianna doing my hair for the ball.
- These people.
- Asking Rohan Gotobed, aka young Sirius Black, to dance with me. Getting rejected. By a 13 year old. Awkward. Then being told by everyone that "he'll regret in three years, just wait!"
- Dancing with Helena Bow and Ellie Darcey-Aiden, Rose Weasley and young Lily Evans, instead.
- This picture.
- Total Eclipse of the Heart. Three times.
- Post-ball chaos in Jake's.
- Eia coming over having caught a FROG. Convincing her to let it go because we could not take a frog home with us.
- So much love from all of my friends in one of my lower moments.
- After party in the Starkid suite and everyone insisting on "no sleep till breakfast." Until leaving before we all fell asleep on the floor.
Sunday was a day of exhaustion, sadness and goodbyes. The last day of cons is always the worst because I never feel like I get to say goodbye to everyone and it's just a lot of chaos. This was no different. I don't really have much going for me here in Seattle, so being around SO many friends at once, while a bit stressful, was just so wonderful for me. I had such a brilliant time and just thinking about it being over has me welling up.
I'd like to thank Melissa for being a warrior, the Leaky staff for following her lead and just every single person who made me smile over the week. And a special thanks to Kristina and Eia for letting me be a merch girl. Even though I sucked. I am so thankful for everyone and so happy that tons of you came up to say hello! If you were at Leaky, share your memories in the comments. If not, tell me what you thought of the film! I'm seeing it again soon and will have a video up after that.
Cannot wait for VidCon next week and Leaky 2012! (If we keep saying it, it'll be a thing, right? …Right?)